Licensed Uses and Restrictions.
- detectlanguage.com publicly posts a written notice of termination on detectlanguage.com's Web site
- detectlanguage.com sends a written notice of termination to you
detectlanguage.com ceases providing access to the detectlanguage.com APIs to you.
- YOU SHALL use instructions provided in the detectlanguage.com APIs to place application identification information (API key) into any application or service you develop that incorporates or makes any use of the detectlanguage.com APIs. You may only create a single key per account and such key must accompany all web services requests coming from applications or services created by account owner. You can sign up for a key at http://detectlanguage.com. You must provide accurate identification, contact, and other information required as part of the registration process. YOU SHALL USE ONLY ONE API KEY PER APPLICATION OR SERVICE. You SHALL NOT create any script or other automated tool that attempts to create multiple application IDs.
- If you wish to confirm that your application constitutes an acceptable use of the detectlanguage.com APIs or wish to inquire about rate limit increases, register your application with us.
YOU SHALL NOT:
- use the detectlanguage.com APIs in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, counterfeit goods, items subject to US embargo, hate materials (e.g. Nazi memorabilia) or materials urging acts of terrorism or violence, goods made from protected animal/plant species, recalled goods, hacking/surveillance/interception/descrambling equipment, cigarettes, illegal drugs and paraphernalia, unlicensed sale of prescription drugs and medical devices, pornography, prostitution, body parts and bodily fluids, stolen products and items used for theft, fireworks, explosives, and hazardous materials, government IDs, police items, unlicensed trade or dealing in stocks and securities, gambling items, professional services regulated by state licensing regimes, non-transferable items such as airline tickets or event tickets, non-packaged food items, weapons and accessories;
- use the detectlanguage.com APIs to operate nuclear facilities, life support, or other mission critical application where human life or property may be at stake. You understand that the detectlanguage.com APIs are not designed for such purposes and that their failure in such cases could lead to death, personal injury, or severe property or environmental damage for which detectlanguage.com is not responsible;
- sell, lease, share, transfer, or sublicense the detectlanguage.com APIs or access or access codes thereto or derive income from the use or provision of the detectlanguage.com APIs, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, without detectlanguage.com's prior, express, written permission;
- use the detectlanguage.com APIs in a manner that exceeds reasonable request volume, constitutes excessive or abusive usage, or otherwise fails to comply or is inconsistent with any part of the detectlanguage.com API documentation located within http://detectlanguage.com/, as determined by detectlanguage.com in its sole discretion;
- use the detectlanguage.com APIs in a product or service that competes with products or services offered by detectlanguage.com.
- Contact and Cooperation. You (or the name of the contact You gave to detectlanguage.com when You applied for your account if it's not You) must be reasonably reachable during business hours for security questions or concerns. You can change this name or contact by signing up for a new account, and providing the correct contact information and using the new account instead. (http://detectlanguage.com/)
- Virus Precautions. All materials, including software and documents, that You provide to detectlanguage.com, must be checked with Internet industry standard up-to-date antivirus and anti-worm software, and determined to be virus-free and worm-free. Any data provided to detectlanguage.com must not contain harmful scripts or code.
- Industry Standards. Your networks, operating system and software of its web server(s), routers, databases, and computer systems must be properly configured to Internet industry standards, as required to securely operate Your Application (the "Systems"). If You do not completely control any aspect of the System, You will use all control or influence that You have over such Systems and/or selection of Systems, and You will not architect or select Systems in a manner to avoid the foregoing obligation. An example of an unacceptable server is one that operates as open proxy. An example of architecting in an unacceptable manner would be if You select a server operated by a vendor with substandard security practices, so that You could contend that You do not control such server, in order to avoid having to select an acceptable server.
- Reporting. You must promptly report to detectlanguage.com in writing, any security deficiencies in or intrusions to Your Systems, relating to the detectlanguage.com API or any detectlanguage.com user data, via email to email@example.com. You will work with detectlanguage.com to immediately correct any security deficiency, and will disconnect immediately any intrusions or intruder. In the event of any such security deficiency or intrusion, You will make no public statements (i.e. press, blogs, bulletin boards, etc.) without prior written and express permission from detectlanguage.com in each instance.
- Control Access to Systems. To the extent You have control or influence over the Systems, You will log (in a time and date-stamped fashion) all instances of access to the Systems. You will encrypt the password and username files for the Systems that store or process any detectlanguage.com user data that You are permitted by detectlanguage.com to access. Passwords must be unique, unintuitive, and changed often. You will minimize access to and use of the passwords. Wherever possible, commands which require additional privileges should be securely logged (with time and date) to enable a complete audit trail of activities. When an individual terminates his or her employment with You, his or her passwords and access password facilities must be terminated immediately.
Ownership and Relationship of Parties.
- You will have and retain ownership of all right, title and interest to your intellectual property, including but not limited to your logos, designs, technology and website. You shall be the owner of any content derived from your use of the detectlanguage.com APIs or service.
detectlanguage.com may elect to provide you with support or modifications for the detectlanguage.com APIs (collectively, "Support"), in its sole discretion, and may terminate such Support at any time without notice to you. detectlanguage.com may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the detectlanguage.com APIs at any time, including the availability of any detectlanguage.com APIs. detectlanguage.com may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the detectlanguage.com APIs or the detectlanguage.com Web site without notice or liability.
Fees and Payments
detectlanguage.com reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the detectlanguage.com APIs or the detectlanguage.com services and Web sites (collectively, "detectlanguage.com APIs Services") in detectlanguage.com's sole discretion. If detectlanguage.com decides to charge for the detectlanguage.com APIs Services, such charges will be disclosed to you prior to any charges being made.
Disclaimer of Any Warranty.
- DETECTLANGUAGE.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ANY DETECTLANGUAGE.COM APIS ARE FREE OF INACCURACIES, ERRORS, BUGS, OR INTERRUPTIONS.
- THE DETECTLANGUAGE.COM APIS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND AND DETECTLANGUAGE.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- YOUR USE OF DETECTLANGUAGE.COM APIS IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF ANY DETECTLANGUAGE.COM APIS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA.
Limitation of Liability.
DETECTLANGUAGE.COM SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE DETECTLANGUAGE.COM APIS, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, WHETHER OR NOT DETECTLANGUAGE.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL DETECTLANGUAGE.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT.
Exclusions and Limitations.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 5 AND 6 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Release and Waiver.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release and waive all claims against detectlanguage.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys' fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to your use of detectlanguage.com APIs. If you are a California resident, you waive your rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which states, "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." You understand that any fact relating to any matter covered by this release may be found to be other than now believed to be true and you accept and assume the risk of such possible differences in fact. In addition, you expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits which you may have under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Hold Harmless and Indemnity.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify detectlanguage.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from and against any claims, losses, actual damages, suits, judgments and litigation costs third party claim arising from (a) the use of any content provided by you: (i) infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party and/or (ii) violates applicable law.
- detectlanguage.com shall indemnify you against any damages suffered or incurred by you, including but not limited to reasonable attorney fees, as a result of any third party claim that the detectlanguage.com APIs or service infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any third party or the use of detectlanguage.com APIs or service violates applicable law.
- The indemnification obligations set forth in this section are subject to the following: (i) the indemnified party shall provide the indemnifying party with prompt written notice of the third party claim or action; (ii) the indemnifying party shall have the option of assuming control over the defense and/or settlement of such claim; (iii) the indemnified party shall cooperate with the indemnifying party as reasonably requested; provided, however, that such cooperation is at the indemnifying party's sole cost and expense; and (iv) the indemnifying party shall not settle any claim or action on behalf of the indemnified party without first notifying the indemnified party of all details related to such settlement, and receiving the indemnified party's prior written consent.